Insurance Services Contractor
When it comes time to file a homeowners insurance claim, it is important to find a fair and reputable contractor. MDB Construction continually strives to earn your trust and be that contractor.
Unfortunately, there are other contractors that prey on people’s fears and anxiety of what has just happened, especially when there is a large disaster area involved. When something goes wrong, as it certainly can, you may be approached by one of these sales people that often go door-to-door canvassing neighborhoods to generate new business to offer their cleanup and repair services. Be careful. While some of these people are honest and reputable, many are not. The safest route is to go with a trusted contractor like MDB Construction who has successfully handled many homeowner insurance claims before and has references available upon request so you can double check that you're making a wise decision.
While we aim to be your contractor of choise, we respect your right to choose a contractor for yourself. As you navigate that process, below is a recommended list of 6 steps to take in order to protect yourself and find an honest and legitimate contractor:
1. Contact your insurance company and ask for the insurance adjuster assigned to your claim. Have the adjuster make an estimate of the damage and repair costs for your property. By having this estimate you will be able to have a negotiation tool when a contractor approaches you with their estimate.
2. The first thing you should request from a contractor before any work is done is their references. When looking for a contractor, call trusted friends and neighbors and ask them if they have any contractors they could refer to you. Also, ask the contractor if they are part of your area’s Homebuilder’s Association, and the Better Business Bureau. Most importantly, make sure the contractor is licensed and carries liability and workers compensation insurance and request proof.
If the contractor is not insured, you may be liable for accidents that occur on your property.
3. Be very diligent about reading any papers the contractor wants you to sign. Make sure the contract is well written and includes provisions for you such as what work the contractor will guarantee and how long that guarantee lasts.
In addition, verify that there is a cancellation policy that provides you at least 3 business days to cancel the signed contract for any reason, as this will give you time to review the contract just in case you felt rushed to make a decision. Better yet, ask the contractor to leave you a blank copy of the contract to review overnight and avoid contractors that will refuse to do so. Also, make sure a date of completion is included in the contract. If you are confused about what the contract offers, consider having a lawyer review it before you agree to the terms.
4. Pay attention to how much the building contractor suggests you spend on temporary repairs. While payments for reasonable temporary repairs are covered as part of the total insurance claim settlement, you don’t want to pay a contractor too large a sum for temporary repairs, since this may deplete the total amount of money you will need for the permanent repairs to be completed. Furthermore, avoid contractors who offer you unrealistically low estimates.
5. Never pay a contractor for the entire project in advance or before the work is completed. Also, pay by a personal check instead of cash so you can retain your cashed check as a receipt.
6. Keep a job file of all communications with your chosen contractor and all papers related to work being done. This file should include the signed contract, plans and specifications of work being done, bills and invoices, canceled checks, copies of the certificates of insurance, information about any subcontractors your contractor may use and material suppliers.
These are just a few steps to help you out. We hope you'll choose us. If you're filing a homeowner's claim, let all of the stress go and give MDB Construction a call today and see what we can do for you!
Please take a look at our photo gallery or feel free to read the reviews from several of our most satisfied customers.
Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation or request service online!
Residential and Commercial Remodeling in Lebanon, NJ
The Lebanon area remodeling contractor at MDB Construction specialize in complete residential and commercial remodeling solutions. Our services range from general home repairs to home remodeling to commercial remodeling and tenant improvements. We feature kitchen and bathroom remodeling, roofing, basement finishing, windows, doors, decks, insurance services, painting, and much, much more.
Our integrated approach to allows you to get exactly what you need for your home or business. Our remodeling contractor work with you through the entire process. Our expertise and reliability is combined with cost-effective design and high quality workmanship to give you control over critical decisions by reviewing all the options available.
One call to MDB Construction and you'll receive the real, quality care and attention to detail that your home or business truly deserves.
Benefits of Working with MDB Construction
- Responsiveness – One call to us and we move fast to help you.
- Reliability – Our company offers on time and on budget year round services for our Lebanon area customers.
- Flexibility – We work around you and your environment. We are fully adaptable to your particular special needs, fully compliant with your billing procedures and can accommodate any special situation with your needed repairs and services.
- Specialized Service – MDB Construction has been doing quality Lebanon remodeling services in the area for years, and in that time we have specialized our service to give great care to our work while providing top notch customer service.
- Locally Owned - and proud of it! We live in the local area and take pride in the work we do for all the local residents and companies we serve.
We provide the following residential and commercial services in Lebanon, NJ
We provide quality residential and commercial remodeling in the following areas around Lebanon, NJ:
Lebanon Remodeling | Glen Gardner Remodeling | Phillipsburg Remodeling | Califon Remodeling | Manville Remodeling | Alpha Remodeling | High Bridge Remodeling | Raritan Remodeling | Bradley Gardens Remodeling | Clinton Remodeling | Flemington Remodeling | Washington Remodeling | Annandale Remodeling | Somerville Remodeling | Hunterdon County Remodeling | Somerset County Remodeling | Warren County Remodeling | Morris County Remodeling | Middlesex County Remodeling | Union County Remodeling
If you are looking for a reliable and professional Lebanon remodeling contractor then please call 908-628-8010 or request service online.